Diabetes comes with its own set of responsibilities.We are sure you’ll agree they are quite a handful. Taking care of the many things that it necessitates means there is a high possibility you feel it lingering over your head pretty much all the time. But hang in there. It doesn’t have to be so.
What if we told you that you can actually make the entire list of related chores from having diabetes diet to exercising way more entertaining? And the best part is, you won’t even know you’re doing it.Win-win!
Adopting practices that make diabetes care seem less daunting is essential to keep you going. Here are some ideas that will make diabetes management fun. Let’s get right to it!
1. If there is anything that you love more than jogging or gymming that makes you sweat it out, do it.
i) Shake it up with somezumba, salsa, or ballet if you may. There is nothing like dancing when it comes to a total body workout.
ii) Pedal away to your favorite music on a bike.
iii) Kick it with some martial arts. We bet you’ll end up feeling muscles you never knew existed once you’re done with this one.
iv) Swim your way to better health. Just moving your arms and feet under water can work both your upper and lower muscles that will equal your gym routine. Oh, and you’ll get some water therapy in the process too!
v) Put a new twist to your workout. Try calisthenics. It’s great for your core stability.
vi) Wii fit. If you or your kids has one of those Wii consoles, you can literally workout in front of the TV by boxing, playing golf or bowling. Motivating and entertaining at the same time.
2. Channel your inner chef. Making meals can soothe rattled nerves and destress so take some time off and slide into an apron. There are plenty of gourmet meal recipes out there that will tingle your taste buds while keeping your sugar levels under control.
3. Why should fun and frolic be restricted to dinners and drinks? Add some excitement and swap up your friends’ day out itinerary for something more fun. Go scuba diving or snorkelling; hit the bowling alley;paddle up a lake and enjoy the warm pleasant breeze; book a court or a ground – play tennis, badminton,cricket, or whatever sport you fancy;put your shoes on and set out on an easy trek.
4. Load up on some happiness. Keeping stress levels under control does positively affect your diabetes in more ways than one. Next time you’re planning a night out, try a comedy show, bring out that bathroom singer at a karaoke club, spend some cozy time with your folks; or join a book reading club. And if laughter therapy appeals to you, why not?
5. Add some zing to your everyday. Small changes in mundane routine can contribute to diabetes treatment significantly considering they are done on an everyday basis. Small drops make up the ocean right? If drinking regular water sounds boring to you, change it up with fruit-infused water; throw in some watermelon pieces, snipped mint, or pineapple, or any other fruit that you fancy in a sipper, and let it cool. Make meal routines more fun by changing up the environment every once in a while. For instance, you can carry a diabetes diet meal to the park or beach for a picnic or barbecue in your backyard.
See? We told you! Now that you’re out of reasons, get right to it! If you have any such fun tip, we are all ears. Just hit us up in the comments below. Oh and before you go, a little piece of advice to take along on your journey with diabetes: always check with your diabetes doctor what you can and cannot do. Because diabetes comes with its own set of complications, there are high chances you might overdo something or work up a part of your body that isn’t in the state to handle it with say intense martial arts or even boating.Also, since it is summer, it is essential to exercise extra caution when indulging in most of the activities.