Mutton Liver Calories
Mutton and goat meat lovers all over the world love the strong flavor of organ meat or offal. And, when it comes to goat and mutton liver, it is a delicacy in India in the form of the famous Kaleji fry. Though organ meats like liver are very high in nutrition and are quite tasty in the form of curries, can they be included in your diabetes diet plan?
What with Paleo diet making waves, the love for organ meats has increased enormously. We are getting back to our hunter-gatherer roots with the resurgence of organ meats. Organ meats are now being considered as superfoods due to their high vitamin content. Among organ meats like liver, heart, kidneys, and brain, the meat of liver is considered the most nutrient dense.
Benefits of goat & mutton liver
- Goat or mutton liver is full of vitamin A, which is beneficial for eyes
- It also contains folic acid, iron, chromium, zinc, cooper, vitamin B12, and folate
- Mutton liver satiates hunger better due to high protein content and thus assists weight loss efforts
- Improves brain, and liver function along with muscle function due to the presence of choline
- Excellent sources of iron and protein
- Improve cognitive abilities, muscle mass, and virility
Having said that, one has to be wary of the content of heavy metal poisoning in these meats. Substances like arsenic and pesticides tend to get deposited in the organs and consuming organ meat in excess can cause health issues.
Moreover, what with the cholesterol content in organ meats, one should consume these in moderation though dietary cholesterol has little consequence on cholesterol levels in the body. When it comes to goat or mutton liver, it is advised that one should consume not more than 419 mg per day as part of your diabetes diet plan. This of course has to be supported by consuming dietary fiber, and regular exercise.
Calories in goat liver curry (100 gm.)
|Saturated Fat||1.42 gm.|
Vitamins in goat liver curry (100 gm.)
|Vitamin A||12120 μg.|
|Vitamin B2||0.33 mg.|
|Vitamin B6||0.70 mg.|
|Vitamin B9||163.01 μg.|
|Vitamin C||13.60 mg.|
|Vitamin D2||0.71 μg.|
|Vitamin D3||0.43 μg.|
|Vitamin D3 (Active)||0.14 μg.|