Breakfast is usually the most neglected meal of the day, but if you have diabetes – then it is a must! For a person with diabetes, having a good breakfast with low glycemic index foods helps in stabilizing blood sugar levels. Though medications help, a healthy breakfast made at home is still the first diabetes treatment at home.
We neglect breakfast as it seems to be a Herculean task getting ready to work, and preparing healthy breakfast for the entire family.
However, a wholesome diet for diabetes is not that difficult to understand. You can be creative and prepare the breakfast of champions from the diabetic food list for yourself and also for your family in minutes!
Know how to control diabetes at home. Enquire now
Quick & tasty – Five perfect breakfast recipes
Eat your way to control diabetes at home
- Healthy Breakfast Smoothies –breakfast smoothies are quick meals in a minute! Blend a cup of non-fat yogurt or fat-free milk with half a cup of berries or bananas, a few healthy nuts and some ice for a delicious and filling breakfast.
- Yogurt Parfait – a crunchy and sweet combination of whole grains, a boost of probiotics, calcium and protein in yogurt and strawberries, is perfect for a diabetic sweet tooth which makes a far healthier breakfast option than breakfast muffins!
- Toast & Scrambled Eggs – lightly grease the non-stick pan with some vegetable oil and prepare the eggs. Enjoy your whole wheat bread toast with lightly topped butter substitute, sugar-free jam, low-fat cream cheese or just eggs – the choice is yours!
- Methi Paratha – who does not love stuffed parathas? Methi is full of fiber and makes a low GI food for diabetic patient. Lightly grease your griddle with some vegetable oil and toss the parathas until brown and golden and serve with yogurt.
- Fruits & Nuts – sweet and crunchy bowl of healthy monounsaturated fats and fiber for quick breakfast on the-go –grab a handful of nuts like almonds, pine nuts, walnuts and apple, papayas, pears, orange or berries in a container! Not only does this add a touch of sweetness, it is also a healthy variety of low GI fruits for breakfast.
Tips on how to control diabetes at home
- Never skip breakfast
- Measure sugar levels at home regularly
- Get at least 150 minutes of exercise per week
- Add reminders to take medicines
And finally, you need not forgo tasty foods in order to stay healthy! The trick is to treat diabetes at home with a customized diet plan of your own. However, this diabetes diet plan needs to provide you all the nutrients while not being rich in carbohydrates.
Customized diabetes diet plan
Calculating the exact amount of carbs, protein, and fat according to your present condition might be laborious. And most of you also think that it’s just not fair for a diabetes doctor to make you sit with a calculator counting the nutrients before preparing breakfast.
That’s why Apollo Sugar has come up with a unique diabetes treatment at home that not only takes care of your diabetes diet plan, but also provides continuous assistance with doctors, dieticians, and diabetes educators.
Want to know which of these breakfast recipes work for you? Get in touch with our expert diabetes care team. Enquire Now.