Apollo Sugar – Madurai Clinic – Centre of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology
Apollo Sugar is a diabetes clinic in Madurai located in the campus of Apollo Specialty Hospitals in KK Nagar Madurai. It is a center of excellence in diabetes and endocrinology.
Serving more than 35,000 patients per year, our diabetes clinic in Madurai receives patients from many surrounding places like Tirumangalam, Sivaganga, Sivakasi, Maharajapuram and even Thoothukudi.
With some of the best diabetes doctors in Madurai along with highly experienced endocrinologists, Apollo Sugar offers treatment and management for type1 diabetes, diabetes type 2, gestational diabetes, diabetes complications, and many endocrine disorders.
- Consultation with diabetologists and endocrinologists
- Diagnostic tests with diabetes tests and screening for diabetes complications
- Free consultation with dieticians for a diabetic diet
- Diabetes educator services for diabetes medication, diet, and exercise
- Remote, home-based diabetes care with connected glucometers and mobile apps
- Long term diabetes care programs for uncontrolled diabetes
Our long term programs like Sugar 90 and Sugar 360 have immense success rate with more than 87% of patients maintaining their target HbA1c and total cholesterol levels.
For world-class diabetes care, book your visit to our clinic today!
FAQ's related to diabetes, PCOS, Thyroid & Other Endocrine conditions
1. What is PCOS/PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder which affects women mainly during the age which is ideal for child bearing. Due to this hormonal imbalance women produce higher than normal levels of the male hormone.
2. What are common symptoms of PCOS? / How to know if I have PCOS?
Common and obvious symptoms of PCOS are
- Irregular menstruation- infrequent, severe or abnormal periods.
- Obesity or being overweight despite a normal diet
- Hirsuitism or unwanted facial or body hair
- Infertility or the inability to conceive a baby
- Hair loss without any cause
- Skin problems like acne, oily or dry skin
3. Is PCOS/PCOD curable?
PCOS/PCOD symptoms and even some causes are very treatable. There are medications for almost every symptom. Medication is suggested in the case of irregular menstruation, skin problems like acne, hirsutism and hair loss.
4. Is chin hair / upper lip hair a sign of PCOS ?
A stray facial hair, especially on the upper lip and chin is quite common in women. When there is a hormonal imbalance then women tend to produce more testosterone which is a male hormone.
This leads to more hair on the face of the woman and also excessive hair growth on arms and legs. The occurrence of facial hair usually starts at the pre – menopause or menopause stage, but can start earlier depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
5. Who is the best PCOS Doctor in K.K.Nagar?
The best PCOS speicalist doctors in K.K.Nagar - Dr. RM. ManiKandan,
6. What are the types of Diabetes ?
Diabetes also called as Diabetes Mellitus. There are 4 types of diabetes: Prediabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
7. What is Prediabetes and Symptoms ?
It is a condition of high blood sugar levels, but its not high enough to be a type 2 diabetes. Symptoms including excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination, weight gain or weight loss.
8. What is Type 1 Diabetes and Symptoms?
A chronic condition of human body where the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Symptoms including Increased thirst. Extreme hunger, Frequent urination, bed wedding of kids who do not have this habit previously, weight loss/gain, mood changes, irritability, fatigue or weakness, blurred vision.
9. What is Gestational Diabetes and Symptoms?
Gestational diabetes is a condition during pregnancy which results in high blood sugar levels. Symptoms including Excessive Hunger, thirst or fatigue.
10. Which is the best clinic in K.K.Nagar for Gestational Diabetes?
At Apollo Sugar Clinics in K.K.Nagar, we have well experienced senior Gestational Diabetes specialists. Please contact in the below address.
Apollo Speciality Hospitals, Madurai, Lake View Road, K.K.Nagar, Madurai-625 020
11. Who is the best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist in K.K.Nagar ?
The best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist doctors in K.K.Nagar - Dr. RM. ManiKandan,