Apollo Sugar – OMR Clinic – Centre of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology
Located in the main campus of Apollo Hospitals, Apollo Sugar is a diabetes clinic in OMR. It is a center of excellence in diabetes and endocrinology that provides diabetes treatment and management of its complications.
Our diabetes clinic in OMR has some of the best endocrinologists in Chennai along with diabetes doctors. With state of the art facilities, one can get various diabetes tests, tests screening for diabetes complications, and long term diabetes care programs.
Our clinic delivers care to around 30,000 patients per year and the numbers are steadily growing. This is mainly due to our approach of delivering care that is both in-clinic, and always with you. Some programs even offer home-based diabetes care solutions with connected glucometers, and mobile apps.
- Consultation with diabetologists & endocrinologists
- Diabetes tests
- Screening tests for complications of diabetes (diabetic foot, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy etc)
- Free consultation with dieticians for a diabetic diet
- Holistic type 1 diabetes management with insulin therapy
- Gestational diabetes management
- Home diabetes solutions
Book your visit to know more!
FAQ's related to diabetes, PCOS, Thyroid & Other Endocrine conditions
1. What is PCOS/PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder which affects women mainly during the age which is ideal for child bearing. Due to this hormonal imbalance women produce higher than normal levels of the male hormone.
2. What are common symptoms of PCOS? / How to know if I have PCOS?
Common and obvious symptoms of PCOS are
- Irregular menstruation- infrequent, severe or abnormal periods.
- Obesity or being overweight despite a normal diet
- Hirsuitism or unwanted facial or body hair
- Infertility or the inability to conceive a baby
- Hair loss without any cause
- Skin problems like acne, oily or dry skin
3. Is PCOS/PCOD curable?
PCOS/PCOD symptoms and even some causes are very treatable. There are medications for almost every symptom. Medication is suggested in the case of irregular menstruation, skin problems like acne, hirsutism and hair loss.
4. Is chin hair / upper lip hair a sign of PCOS ?
A stray facial hair, especially on the upper lip and chin is quite common in women. When there is a hormonal imbalance then women tend to produce more testosterone which is a male hormone.
This leads to more hair on the face of the woman and also excessive hair growth on arms and legs. The occurrence of facial hair usually starts at the pre – menopause or menopause stage, but can start earlier depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
5. Who is the best PCOS Doctor in OMR?
The best PCOS speicalist doctors in OMR - Dr. Balamurugan. K, Dr. Usha Ayyagari,
6. What are the types of Diabetes ?
Diabetes also called as Diabetes Mellitus. There are 4 types of diabetes: Prediabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
7. What is Prediabetes and Symptoms ?
It is a condition of high blood sugar levels, but its not high enough to be a type 2 diabetes. Symptoms including excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination, weight gain or weight loss.
8. What is Type 1 Diabetes and Symptoms?
A chronic condition of human body where the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Symptoms including Increased thirst. Extreme hunger, Frequent urination, bed wedding of kids who do not have this habit previously, weight loss/gain, mood changes, irritability, fatigue or weakness, blurred vision.
9. What is Gestational Diabetes and Symptoms?
Gestational diabetes is a condition during pregnancy which results in high blood sugar levels. Symptoms including Excessive Hunger, thirst or fatigue.
10. Which is the best clinic in OMR for Gestational Diabetes?
At Apollo Sugar Clinics in OMR, we have well experienced senior Gestational Diabetes specialists. Please contact in the below address.
Apollo Hospital, OMR Road, 5/639, Old Mahabalipuram Rd, Kandancavadi, Perungudi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600096
11. Who is the best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist in OMR ?
The best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist doctors in OMR - Dr. Balamurugan. K, Dr. Usha Ayyagari,