Apollo Sugar – Greams Road Clinic – Centre of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology
Apollo Sugar is a diabetes clinic in Greams Road located in Apollo Hospitals. It is a center of excellence in diabetes and endocrinology and provides a wide array of services.
Services at our diabetes clinic in Greams Road,Chennai
- Diabetologists & Endocrinologists consultation
- Diabetes tests
- Diabetes treatment
- Consultation & Medication for PCOS/PCOD
- Consultation with endocrine specialists for Thyroid related issues
- Consultation & Medication for Hormonal Imbalance
- Consultation & Medication for Obesity
- Consultation & Medication for Gestational diabetes
- Diabetes treatment and diabetes medications
- Insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes
- Screening for diabetes complications
- Type 1 diabetes management with insulin therapy
- Gestational diabetes management
- Free consultation with dietitians for a diabetic diet
- Continuous assistance from diabetes educators
- Home diabetes care with connected glucometers and mobile application
Apollo Sugar offers in-clinic and home diabetes care. Our structured long term programs for diabetes provide complete assistance in order to attain blood sugar control and prevent serious complications of diabetes.
With proper blood sugar control many conditions like diabetic retinopathy, end-stage kidney disease, heart problems, and stroke can be avoided. Our programs like Sugar 90 & Sugar 360 provide continuous support to bring down sugar levels and prevent major complications.
Treating more than 50,000 patients per year, Apollo Sugar has a high success rate with more than 85% of patients maintaining their HbA1c targets.
Book an appointment to visit our diabetes clinic in Greams Road, Chennai.
FAQ's related to diabetes, PCOS, Thyroid & Other Endocrine conditions
1. What is PCOS/PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder which affects women mainly during the age which is ideal for child bearing. Due to this hormonal imbalance women produce higher than normal levels of the male hormone.
2. What are common symptoms of PCOS? / How to know if I have PCOS?
Common and obvious symptoms of PCOS are
- Irregular menstruation- infrequent, severe or abnormal periods.
- Obesity or being overweight despite a normal diet
- Hirsuitism or unwanted facial or body hair
- Infertility or the inability to conceive a baby
- Hair loss without any cause
- Skin problems like acne, oily or dry skin
3. Is PCOS/PCOD curable?
PCOS/PCOD symptoms and even some causes are very treatable. There are medications for almost every symptom. Medication is suggested in the case of irregular menstruation, skin problems like acne, hirsutism and hair loss.
4. Is chin hair / upper lip hair a sign of PCOS ?
A stray facial hair, especially on the upper lip and chin is quite common in women. When there is a hormonal imbalance then women tend to produce more testosterone which is a male hormone.
This leads to more hair on the face of the woman and also excessive hair growth on arms and legs. The occurrence of facial hair usually starts at the pre – menopause or menopause stage, but can start earlier depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
5. Who is the best PCOS Doctor in Greams Road?
The best PCOS speicalist doctors in Greams Road - Dr. S. Venkataraman, Dr. N.K.Narayanan, Dr. T.S. Boochandran, Dr. N. Rajendiran, Dr. D.K. Sriram, Dr. Pratik Ranjan Sen, Dr. Krishna G Seshadri, Dr. D. Shantharam,
6. What are the types of Diabetes ?
Diabetes also called as Diabetes Mellitus. There are 4 types of diabetes: Prediabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
7. What is Prediabetes and Symptoms ?
It is a condition of high blood sugar levels, but its not high enough to be a type 2 diabetes. Symptoms including excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination, weight gain or weight loss.
8. What is Type 1 Diabetes and Symptoms?
A chronic condition of human body where the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Symptoms including Increased thirst. Extreme hunger, Frequent urination, bed wedding of kids who do not have this habit previously, weight loss/gain, mood changes, irritability, fatigue or weakness, blurred vision.
9. What is Gestational Diabetes and Symptoms?
Gestational diabetes is a condition during pregnancy which results in high blood sugar levels. Symptoms including Excessive Hunger, thirst or fatigue.
10. Which is the best clinic in Greams Road for Gestational Diabetes?
At Apollo Sugar Clinics in Greams Road, we have well experienced senior Gestational Diabetes specialists. Please contact in the below address.
Apollo Sugar Clinics, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, No. 21, Greams Lane, Off. Greams Road, Chennai - 600006
11. Who is the best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist in Greams Road ?
The best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist doctors in Greams Road - Dr. S. Venkataraman, Dr. N.K.Narayanan, Dr. T.S. Boochandran, Dr. N. Rajendiran, Dr. D.K. Sriram, Dr. Pratik Ranjan Sen, Dr. Krishna G Seshadri, Dr. D. Shantharam,