A diabetologist is a medical professional who has specialized in the field of Diabetology which is the study of the ailment diabetes – the causes, symptoms, treatment and aftercare.
A Tele / Video consultation has its own advantages for elderly people specially in Lock Down situation. Advantages like Home sample collection, Tele medicine, Home delivery of medicines.
Diabetes is an effect of the imbalance of the endocrine gland when the pancreas is not able to produce sufficient insulin to process sugars accumulated in the blood. Diabetology is one specialization in the field of Endocrinology.
Here are the top Diabetologists from all across India who have successfully helped many patients and made their mark.
HYDERABAD is the hub of Apollo hospitals. Apart from the centrally located main hospital, they have hospitals and speciality clinics all over the twin cities for easy access to patients.
DR AFTAB AHMED – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD (General Medicine) – Gold Medalist in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Medicine, Pathology.
- He is known for his work and is very good at helping children suffering from diabetes. He specializes in the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes, Type 1 or Childhood Diabetes and Insulin Therapy.
- Dr Ahmed is also an authorised Member with the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and API.
J.JAYAPRAKASHSAI – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD (Physician), Robert Turner Diabetes Research Training, WHO/IDF/EASD Cambridge Diabetes Training, FCD (Diabetology), Certificate Course in Evidence-Based Diabetes Management (CCEBDM), Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD).
- Dr JAYAPRAKASHSAI is a highly qualified and experienced diabetologist. He imparts Diabetes Education and Awareness through DEAR (Diabetes Education Awareness Reach)
- He specializes in treatment and management of type 1 & type 2 diabetes, diabetes complications, Insulin treatment and therapy, CGM
- He is a member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA), Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI), European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
- He has been an EC Member RSSDI 2016 – 2014, Joint Secretary AP RSSDI – 2015, Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International – 2015, Medical Advisory Board Apollo Sugar Clinics Ltd. – 2015, Rising Star Diabetes Workshop, Paris, France. – 2015.
- Dr JAYAPRAKASHSAI has also been Awarded an Appreciation Award by Rotary Club of Hyderabad Central – 2009 and Diabetes Awareness initiative Award- Bangalore by USV India Ltd. – 2014.
SANJOY PAUL – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, PGDD (Diabetology), Fellowship in Diabetology
- Dr Paul has trained in Podiatric (Foot) Medicine which is a serious effect of diabetes.
- Apart from Podiatric (Foot) Medicine, Dr Paul also specializes in the treatment of type 1 & type 2 diabetes, insulin therapy, diabetes in children and Hypertension.
- He is a Member of American Diabetes Association (ADA) and has a Fellowship in Diabetology from the Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU).
VASANTH KUMAR – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
- With over 42 years of experience as General Physician and Geriatrician Dr. Vasanth Kumar provides treatment for Diabetes and its complications.
- He is successful in dealing complications related to Diabetes and also provides suggestions on diet and lifestyle modifications.
MOHD. SHAEQ MIRZA – Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD (General Medicine)
- He specializes in treatment and management of Type 1 & Type 2 diabetes, Diabetes diet, High Diabetes Complications, Gestational Diabetes, Infectious Diseases in Diabetes, Pain management in Diabetes, Cholesterol, Hypertension.
- Being a Life Member of Indian Medical Association, Associations of Physicians of India and Indian Association of Clinical Medicine has helped to be on top of Diabetes Management.
MONA DEVA SRIKANTH- Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD (General Medicine)
- She is an expert in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, diabetes complications, hypertension, and high cholesterol and Diabetes Diet Counselling, especially for women.
- Mona is an asset for women because she can understand relate and treat diabetes and its effects which at times can be personal and private. Most of the women prefer Dr. Mona as they feel comfortable to shares their problems related to diabetes complications.
DR.SURYAPAVAN REDDY – Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), CDC (AU), PGDD (AU) Diabetology
- Dr Reddy has studied diabetes extensively and is well qualified in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus.
- He deals with type 1 and type 2, Insulin Therapy, Diabetes Complications, Diabetic Diet Counselling, hypertension management, high cholesterol, Hypertriglyceridemia, and Hypercholesterolemia management.
- Dr Reddy is a Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI). These have developed his expertise in Diabetes with the research studies.
Dr Praveer R Mathur – Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MRCP-UK; Diabetology& Hormonal Disorders – UK
- He is an expert in hypertension and high cholesterol management both of which manifest during Diabetes.
- He is highly qualified in hormonal/endocrinal disorders and treats type 1 & type 2 Diabetes and provides guidance on Insulin Therapy.
- He also specialises in providing treatment for metabolic disorders, hormonal disorders, thyroid disorders like hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, parathyroid disorders, pituitary disorders and adrenal disorders.
- He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians United Kingdom and a Member, Infection Control Committee at Apollo Hospitals in Yearly Audit and National Adult Diabetes Inpatient Audit
Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu and is one of the important city in the South. They have many centres of Apollo across the city including the Speciality cancer hospital and children hospitals.
DR D. SHANTHARAM – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS MD (Diabetology) Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD)
- Dr Shanraram is known for his work in diabetology diagnosis and treatment and specializes in the treatment of diabetes mellitus, type 1 & type 2 diabetes, diabetes complications, insulin treatment and therapy, diabetes diet counselling, high cholesterol and hypertension.
- He is a Member, Indian Medical Association (IMA)and Joint Secretary of the Diabetes Association of India, Southern Chapter
- He has been a part of various National and International conferences and has organized training camps for doctors and paramedical staff for Diabetes management.
DEEPAK LAL – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
- He is a qualified diabetologist and endocrinologist offering treatment for diabetes and ailments related to endocrine organs.
- He is an expert in diabetes management and ensured to treat the condition based on the patient’s symptoms, duration of illness, complications of diabetes and other necessary case history so as to address the problem from its root.
- He has become one of the most significant point of contacts for the diabetic patients within the city.
DR. JAYASHREE KRISHNAN – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
- She holds an experience of more than 24 years in providing treatment for Diabetes and its complications and has made an exceptional name in the city as one of the ‘go-to’ general physicians.
- She specializes in the treatment of type 1 & type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes and identifies diabetes related complications. Also gives suggestions on healthier living options and diet for the diabetes patients providing modern solutions to deal with diabetes.
DR N. RAJENDIRAN – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD)
- Dr N Rajendiran is a specialist in the diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and related disorders, especially of the endocrine system
- He specializes in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus- type 1 & type 2 diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, diabetes complications, insulin pump and therapy, diabetic diet counselling, hypertension and high cholesterol, hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia
- He is the Founder President of Madras Medical College of Diabetes Alumni Association, Secretary, Diabetes Association of India (Southern Chapter). Member, Tamil Nadu Medical Council
DR S. VENKATARAMAN – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MD (Internal Medicine)
- He is an expert Diabetologist with more than 25 years of experience in dealing with Diabetes patients.
- Dr Venkataraman specializes in the treatment of type 1 & type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes and identifies diabetes related complications. He laos provides suggestions on diet and insulin therapy.
- He was a Former Prof. of Diabetology in Madurai Medical College
- He is an expert in dealing with Diabetes related pregnancy complications.
DR T.S. BOOCHANDRAN – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MRCP, MSc
- Dr Bhoochandran is a well qualified senior diabetologist with more than 26 years of experience.
- He provides treatment for type 1 & type 2 diabetes, hypertension, COPD and insulin therapy
- He is also a Member of Tamil Nadu Medical Council and the Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Mumbai, (earlier called as Bombay) is one of the most populated city on the west coast of India and is the largest financial center in the country. It is also the heart of Bollywood film Industry. Mumbai has one of the most advanced Multi-Speciality Tertiary Care hospitals in Maharashtra and many other speciality centres of Apollo across the state. Here are few Apollo Sugar experts from the city.
DR SANDEEPRAI – Senior Consultant Diabetologist
M.B.B.S, Diploma National Board (D.N.B), (Internal Medicine), PG Dip Diabetes; F.R.C.P (UK)
- Dr Sandeep Rai is a highly qualified consultant dealing with all verticals of diabetes and related disorders as well as other internal ailments.
- His treatments are related to type 1 & type 2 diabetes, diabetes complications, insulin pump and therapy, advanced Diabetes Treatment, Continuous Glucose monitoring, Diabetic Ulcer Treatment, Metabolic Diseases, Head and Neck Infections, Respiratory Tract infections, Diabetes Prevention and education.
- Being a member of Medical Council of India (MCI), Association of Physicians of India (API), UNEVOC, UNU-EHS is an added advantage and is also an IHDP Distinguished Chairperson -World Congress of Integrated Medicine.
- He has been awarded “Trophy & Citation Awarded by Sir Ganga Ram Hospital for providing Dedicated Medical Service to the Community (2015) Distinguished Steering Committee member 2007, Towards Sustainable Global Health” sponsored by the United Nations organizations UNESCO in 2011- Honored Doctor Award by – Malayalee Association , Best Research Paper Award – National Journal, Delhi -2010 and the 1st Prize for Poster Presentation in National Diabetes Conference.
DR VIKRANT TARI – Consultant Diabetologist
Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (PGDD) Cardiff University, UK Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Diabetes.
- Dr Tari is General Physician an expert in the treatment of type 1 & type 2 diabetes, diabetes in children, insulin therapy, high cholesterol and hypertension, Diabetes Complications, Treatment and Diet Plan
- He is a Member of Medical Council of India, European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), and Association of Physicians of India.
Bangalore is the capital of Karnataka and it’s the centre of India’s High-Tech industry. Apollo speciality centres are spread throughout the state with easy access to all.
DR RAGHAVENDRA PRAKASH – Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, DNB (Internal Medicine), FICM.
- He specializes in the treatment of type 1 & type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, rheumatic disorders, and intensive care medicine and Infectious Diseases.
- Dr Raghavendra Prakash has a Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine. He has done a certificate course in Diabetology, Diabetes management, Gestational Diabetes Management, Infectious Diseases and an Advanced Course in Thyroid Disorder Management, Thyroid Society of India.
- He is a member of Karnataka Medical Council, HIS, API, ISCCM.
VISHWANATH B L – Consultant Diabetologist
MBBS, MD, Post Graduate Diploma in Endocrinology and Diabetes
- He specializes in providing treatment for diabetes, lifestyle diseases, obesity, and diabetes complications. He is a specialist in therapeutic fasting and is an author.
- He has undergone training in various prestigious institutions around the world. He has conducted various workshops in many institutions on holistic wellness. He has also experience in cardiac and neurological emergency management.
- He is a Member of Indian Medical Council, Karnataka Medical Council, International Associate Member, American College of Cardiology and has a Fellowship in Diabetes 2019 EACME, The European Academy of CME.
Trichy (also called Tiruchi or Tiruchirappalli) is an ancient city in south of Tamil Nadu. A developing city which has many speciality units of Apollo.
DR.MUTHULAKSHMI, Consultant Diabetologist and General Physician
Gold Medalist from ECG/ECHO Club of Trichy
- She provides treatment for Diabetes complications, Gestational Diabetes, Diabetes diet, Cardiac Care, Cholesterol Disorders, Hypertension and Diabetes Management.
- She is an expert in dealing with the complications related to diabetes and specializes in Preventive Cardiac Care and Stroke related to diabetes.
- She is certified in cardiovascular Disease & Stroke by Public Health Foundation of India
We hope this section was helpful for you to choose the doctor as per your comfort and convenience. Do take care of your health and visit one of these doctors for complete care and solution for all your diabetes related issues. We wish you a wonderful and healthy life.