Apollo Sugar – Poonamallee High Road Clinic, Chennai – Centre of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology
Apollo Sugar Clinics First Med is a diabetes clinic in Poonamalle High Road, Kilpauk. It is located in the campus of Apollo First Med Hospitals in Chennai. It provides treatment for type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, gestational diabetes, various complications of diabetes, and other endocrine disorders like PCOS/PCOD, Thyroid (Hyperthyroidism & Hypothyroidism), Hormonal imbalance..
Apollo Sugar Clinics in Kilpauk is a center for excellence in diabetes and endocrinology with some of the best endocrinologists in Chennai. Located near areas like Pullapuram, Mangalapuram, M.S. Nagar, Dasspuram, DLF Homes, and Kilpauk, our diabetes clinic in Kilpauk has served thousands of patients.
Our services :
- Consultation with diabetes doctors and endocrinologists
- NABL certified Diabetes tests
- Consultation & Medication for PCOS/PCOD
- Consultation with endocrine specialists for Thyroid related issues
- Consultation & Medication for Hormonal Imbalance
- Consultation & Medication for Obesity
- Consultation & Medication for Gestational diabetes
- Diabetes treatment and diabetes medications
- Insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes
- Free consultation with clinical nutritionists for a diabetic diet
- Diabetes educator sessions for condition-related counseling
- Home diabetes assistance through connected devices like glucometers and mobile apps
Along with these services, Apollo Sugar offers structured diabetes programs that help in controlling uncontrollable diabetes and its complications. Our Sugar 360 & Sugar 90 programs have been immensely successful with more than 85% of the patients maintaining target HbA1c and total cholesterol levels.
For world-class diabetes care, book your visit to our clinic today!
FAQ's related to diabetes, PCOS, Thyroid & Other Endocrine conditions
1. What is PCOS/PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder which affects women mainly during the age which is ideal for child bearing. Due to this hormonal imbalance women produce higher than normal levels of the male hormone.
2. What are common symptoms of PCOS? / How to know if I have PCOS?
Common and obvious symptoms of PCOS are
- Irregular menstruation- infrequent, severe or abnormal periods.
- Obesity or being overweight despite a normal diet
- Hirsuitism or unwanted facial or body hair
- Infertility or the inability to conceive a baby
- Hair loss without any cause
- Skin problems like acne, oily or dry skin
3. Is PCOS/PCOD curable?
PCOS/PCOD symptoms and even some causes are very treatable. There are medications for almost every symptom. Medication is suggested in the case of irregular menstruation, skin problems like acne, hirsutism and hair loss.
4. Is chin hair / upper lip hair a sign of PCOS ?
A stray facial hair, especially on the upper lip and chin is quite common in women. When there is a hormonal imbalance then women tend to produce more testosterone which is a male hormone.
This leads to more hair on the face of the woman and also excessive hair growth on arms and legs. The occurrence of facial hair usually starts at the pre – menopause or menopause stage, but can start earlier depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
5. Who is the best PCOS Doctor in Poonamallee High Road?
The best PCOS speicalist doctors in Poonamallee High Road - Dr. Hariprasath J, Dr Devarajan T V, Dr. RA Bhaskar, Dr. N.K.Narayanan, Dr. Krishna G Seshadri,
6. What are the types of Diabetes ?
Diabetes also called as Diabetes Mellitus. There are 4 types of diabetes: Prediabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
7. What is Prediabetes and Symptoms ?
It is a condition of high blood sugar levels, but its not high enough to be a type 2 diabetes. Symptoms including excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination, weight gain or weight loss.
8. What is Type 1 Diabetes and Symptoms?
A chronic condition of human body where the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Symptoms including Increased thirst. Extreme hunger, Frequent urination, bed wedding of kids who do not have this habit previously, weight loss/gain, mood changes, irritability, fatigue or weakness, blurred vision.
9. What is Gestational Diabetes and Symptoms?
Gestational diabetes is a condition during pregnancy which results in high blood sugar levels. Symptoms including Excessive Hunger, thirst or fatigue.
10. Which is the best clinic in Poonamallee High Road for Gestational Diabetes?
At Apollo Sugar Clinics in Poonamallee High Road, we have well experienced senior Gestational Diabetes specialists. Please contact in the below address.
Apollo Sugar Clinics - Centre for Diabetes & Endocrinology, Apollo First Med Hospitals 154, Poonamallee High Road (PH Road), Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600010
11. Who is the best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist in Poonamallee High Road ?
The best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist doctors in Poonamallee High Road - Dr. Hariprasath J, Dr Devarajan T V, Dr. RA Bhaskar, Dr. N.K.Narayanan, Dr. Krishna G Seshadri,