Apollo Sugar – Karapakkam Clinic – Centre of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology
Apollo Sugar is a diabetes clinic in Karapakkam located in the campus of Apollo Medical Center. Surrounded by areas like Sholinganallur, Thoraipakkam, and IT hub of Chennai, our diabetes clinic in Karapakkam provides holistic diabetes care.
Serving more than 30,000 patients per year, Apollo Sugar is a specialty clinic for diabetes and endocrine disorders. It has some of the best diabetes doctors and endocrinologists in Chennai along with the latest facilities for various diabetes tests and screening tests for diabetes complications.
With a unique approach towards diabetes treatment and management, Apollo Sugar provides services in-clinic and at the homes of patients. With a commendable success rate, more than 87% of patients here have been able to maintain their target HbA1c and total cholesterol levels.
- Doctor consultation (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist)
- Diabetes tests
- Screening tests for diabetes complications (retinopathy, nephropathy, diabetic foot etc)
- Type 1 diabetes management with insulin therapy
- Free dietician consultation for a customized diabetes diet plan
- Support from diabetes educators for all diabetes-related queries
- Home diabetes care with connected devices (glucometers & mobile apps)
To know more book your visit today!
FAQ's related to diabetes, PCOS, Thyroid & Other Endocrine conditions
1. What is PCOS/PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder which affects women mainly during the age which is ideal for child bearing. Due to this hormonal imbalance women produce higher than normal levels of the male hormone.
2. What are common symptoms of PCOS? / How to know if I have PCOS?
Common and obvious symptoms of PCOS are
- Irregular menstruation- infrequent, severe or abnormal periods.
- Obesity or being overweight despite a normal diet
- Hirsuitism or unwanted facial or body hair
- Infertility or the inability to conceive a baby
- Hair loss without any cause
- Skin problems like acne, oily or dry skin
3. Is PCOS/PCOD curable?
PCOS/PCOD symptoms and even some causes are very treatable. There are medications for almost every symptom. Medication is suggested in the case of irregular menstruation, skin problems like acne, hirsutism and hair loss.
4. Is chin hair / upper lip hair a sign of PCOS ?
A stray facial hair, especially on the upper lip and chin is quite common in women. When there is a hormonal imbalance then women tend to produce more testosterone which is a male hormone.
This leads to more hair on the face of the woman and also excessive hair growth on arms and legs. The occurrence of facial hair usually starts at the pre – menopause or menopause stage, but can start earlier depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
5. Who is the best PCOS Doctor in Karapakkam?
The best PCOS speicalist doctors in Karapakkam - Dr. Usha Ayyagari,
6. What are the types of Diabetes ?
Diabetes also called as Diabetes Mellitus. There are 4 types of diabetes: Prediabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
7. What is Prediabetes and Symptoms ?
It is a condition of high blood sugar levels, but its not high enough to be a type 2 diabetes. Symptoms including excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination, weight gain or weight loss.
8. What is Type 1 Diabetes and Symptoms?
A chronic condition of human body where the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Symptoms including Increased thirst. Extreme hunger, Frequent urination, bed wedding of kids who do not have this habit previously, weight loss/gain, mood changes, irritability, fatigue or weakness, blurred vision.
9. What is Gestational Diabetes and Symptoms?
Gestational diabetes is a condition during pregnancy which results in high blood sugar levels. Symptoms including Excessive Hunger, thirst or fatigue.
10. Which is the best clinic in Karapakkam for Gestational Diabetes?
At Apollo Sugar Clinics in Karapakkam, we have well experienced senior Gestational Diabetes specialists. Please contact in the below address.
2/319, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Karapakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600097
11. Who is the best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist in Karapakkam ?
The best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist doctors in Karapakkam - Dr. Usha Ayyagari,