Apollo Sugar – Bhubaneswar Clinic – Centre of Excellence in Diabetes & Endocrinology
Located in the main campus of Apollo Hospitals, Apollo Sugar is a diabetes clinic in Bhubaneswar. It is a center of excellence in diabetes and endocrinology providing end-to-end management of type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes along with various endocrine disorders.
It has some of the best endocrinologists in Bhubaneswar along with highly experienced diabetologists. With state of the art facilities, our clinic offers various diabetes tests, screening for diabetes complications, and various other services including:
- Diabetes doctor/Endocrinologist consultation
- Diabetes tests
- Free consultation with dieticians for a diabetic diet
- Diabetes educator sessions for condition-related queries
- Continuous assistance via chat, on-call, & in-clinic
- Home diabetes care with connected devices including connected glucometers and mobile apps
- Diabetes supplies
- Insulin therapy management
Our long term diabetes care programs like Sugar 90 and Sugar 360 provide periodical consultations, diagnostic services, and continuous assistance in order to control HbA1c, and avoid serious complications of diabetes.
To know more, visit our clinic today!
FAQ's related to diabetes, PCOS, Thyroid & Other Endocrine conditions
1. What is PCOS/PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder which affects women mainly during the age which is ideal for child bearing. Due to this hormonal imbalance women produce higher than normal levels of the male hormone.
2. What are common symptoms of PCOS? / How to know if I have PCOS?
Common and obvious symptoms of PCOS are
- Irregular menstruation- infrequent, severe or abnormal periods.
- Obesity or being overweight despite a normal diet
- Hirsuitism or unwanted facial or body hair
- Infertility or the inability to conceive a baby
- Hair loss without any cause
- Skin problems like acne, oily or dry skin
3. Is PCOS/PCOD curable?
PCOS/PCOD symptoms and even some causes are very treatable. There are medications for almost every symptom. Medication is suggested in the case of irregular menstruation, skin problems like acne, hirsutism and hair loss.
4. Is chin hair / upper lip hair a sign of PCOS ?
A stray facial hair, especially on the upper lip and chin is quite common in women. When there is a hormonal imbalance then women tend to produce more testosterone which is a male hormone.
This leads to more hair on the face of the woman and also excessive hair growth on arms and legs. The occurrence of facial hair usually starts at the pre – menopause or menopause stage, but can start earlier depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
5. Who is the best PCOS Doctor in Old Sainik School Road?
The best PCOS speicalist doctors in Old Sainik School Road - Dr. Sambit Das, Dr. Pitambar Pustry,
6. What are the types of Diabetes ?
Diabetes also called as Diabetes Mellitus. There are 4 types of diabetes: Prediabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
7. What is Prediabetes and Symptoms ?
It is a condition of high blood sugar levels, but its not high enough to be a type 2 diabetes. Symptoms including excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, frequent urination, weight gain or weight loss.
8. What is Type 1 Diabetes and Symptoms?
A chronic condition of human body where the pancreas produces little or no insulin. Symptoms including Increased thirst. Extreme hunger, Frequent urination, bed wedding of kids who do not have this habit previously, weight loss/gain, mood changes, irritability, fatigue or weakness, blurred vision.
9. What is Gestational Diabetes and Symptoms?
Gestational diabetes is a condition during pregnancy which results in high blood sugar levels. Symptoms including Excessive Hunger, thirst or fatigue.
10. Which is the best clinic in Old Sainik School Road for Gestational Diabetes?
At Apollo Sugar Clinics in Old Sainik School Road, we have well experienced senior Gestational Diabetes specialists. Please contact in the below address.
Apollo Hospitals, Bhubaneshwar,Plot No. 251, Old Sainik School Road,Bhubaneshwar - 751005
11. Who is the best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist in Old Sainik School Road ?
The best Diabetologist or Endocrinologist doctors in Old Sainik School Road - Dr. Sambit Das, Dr. Pitambar Pustry,