MBBS, MS, Podiatric Surgery
|Clinic Location||Greams Road|
Dr Rajesh Kesavan is a reputed podiatric surgeon working at Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai. He has been an outstanding surgeon and podiatrist, and has had special interest in diabetic foot. This interest propelled him to take various training posts in USA to deal with different aspects of wound management. He was also conferred a diploma by the American Wound Society.
Dr Rajesh Kesavan was at the Kumaran Hospital, Chennai as a Podiatric Consultant from April 1997 to 2014. After that he joined Apollo Hospitals and he’s been here ever since.
- MBBS from Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- MS Ortho from Stanley Medical College, Chennai
- Fellowship in Podiatric Surgery from Amritha Institute of Medical Sciences
- Training in Ilizarov from Tan Toc Sel Hospital, Singapore
- Training in Foot deformity correction from University of Texas
- Diabetic Podiatric Surgery Division at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences ~ trains one Foot Surgery person every year in Podiatric Surgery.
- Trained in Podiatric surgical procedures at Beth Israel Deaconess hospital, Boston (affiliated to Harvard medical school) and at University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio in 2009).
- Trained in ankle arthroscopy at Amsterdam 2012.
- Have undergone advanced training in lower limb biomechanics from the International College of Biomechanics, Australia in 2012.
- Have undergone training in corrective surgeries in diabetic foot at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 2012.
- Trained in Hyperbaric Medicine from St. Francis Hospital, Hartford, CT, USA.
- The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University Gold Medal in Leprosy sponsored by the Damien Foundation India Trust 1995-96.
- Maharaja of Travancore Prize in Medicine 1996.
- Maharaja of Travancore Prize in Surgery 1996.
- Best orator award for Journal on Epidermal Growth Factors in Healing Wounds Molecular and Bio-Chemical Study in Diabetic Foot Society of India’s Annual Conference (Mumbai 2006).
- In Nov 2005, a paper on Plantar Space Infections in Patients with Diabetes was presented in the Diabetic Foot Society of India Annual Conference at Cochin.
- In Mumbai, in Oct 2006 he presented Effect of CERDAK (Bio-Ceramics’) in healing Diabetic Foot Wounds and Epidermal Growth Factors in Healing Wounds Molecular and Bio-Chemical Study (Received the best paper award).
- In Oct 2006 in the Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Southern Africa he presented a journal on Effect of CERDAK (Bio-Ceramics’) in healing Diabetic Foot Wounds in Drakensburg, South Africa.
- In Sept 2007 he tabled a paper on Efficacy of Recombinant Human Epidermal Growth Factor (Regen D 150) in Healing Diabetic Foot Ulcers in the Diabetic Foot Society.
- In Jan 2008 he was invited by the Association of Wound Healing Society and European Tissue Repair Society to explain the Use of Vacuum Aided Closure Device in Diabetic Foot Wounds, in the city of Ahmedabad.
- In Nov 2010 under the umbrella of RSSDI Annual Conference, he spoke about the latest advances in managing the diabetic foot, at Kochi.
- At Kochi in May 2011 he spoke dressing materials for foot ulcers at the Amrita Diabetic Foot Conference.
He is a Secretary of the DFSI (Diabetic Foot Society of India) a unique society of doctors and paramedical staff interested in diabetic foot.