MRCP (Gen.Med), MRCP (Diabetes & Endocrinology), Consultant – Diabetologist & Endocrinologist
|Specialty||Consultant – Diabetologist & Endocrinologist|
Dr. R M Manikandan has done comprehensive speciality-training in Endocrinology and Diabetology in UK. He is currently a Consultant Endocrinologist and Diabetologist at Apollo Hospital, Madhurai.
Senior House Officer (SHO) EXPERIENCE IN UK:
Dr.Manikandan has been associated with renowned institutes like Arrowe Park Hospital and Walsgrave Hospital,Coventry in UK from June 2004 to August 2008 in various capacities. He has been with Apollo Hospitals since
- MRCP (Endocrine & Diabetes), from Royal College of Physicians, UK
- MRCP (Internal Medicine) from Royal College of Physicians, UK
- MBBS from Raja Muthiah College
Areas of Interest:
- Inpatient Diabetes Care
- Managing Diabetes and Endocrine dysfunctions during pregnancy
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Adrenal Abnormalities.
- KOPS Award
- Oct IJA2010
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening: Is there a link between number of images graded and grading accuracy, Diabetic Medicine, Volume 29.
- Adding Exenatide to insulin in Type-2 Diabetes-benefits to HbA1c and BMI in clinical practise, Diabetic Medicine.
- Management of Diabetic Ketoacidosis improves with implementation of care pathway.
- Member of ISA, IACTA
- Tamil, English