MBBS, Diploma Endocrinology and diabetes
|Specialty||Consultant Endocrinologist & Diabetologist|
|Clinic Location||Greams Road|
Dr. Jayashree Gopal is Senior Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai and also the Associate Dean for Research and Training at M. V. Diabetes Research center, Chennai. She has played an instrumental role in the conceptualisation and establishment of the Apollo Diabetes Center at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
Dr. Jayashree Gopal’s remarkable list of qualifications include Senior registrar in Endocrinology and Diabetes from Newcastle University, thyroid hormone resistance from Addenbrookes Hospital, University of Cambridge, Diplomate of the American Board in Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Medicine, Endocrinology and diabetes from Baylor College of Medicine and Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Madras Medical College.
- Research Fellow in Endocrinology. University of Cambridge.
- Research and Clinical Fellow in Endocrinology. M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston.
- Clinical Fellow in Endocrinology. Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
- First Certificate of Honour in General and Systemic Pathology. University of Madras,1988
- Distinction in Surgery, University of Madras,1989
- Gopal is interested in gathering and compiling data on common Endocrine problems and on setting up an education program for the self management of diabetes.
- Quantification of photocatalytic oxygenation of human blood, Medical Engineering and Physics, April 2014
- Glucose-induced increase in circulating progenitor cells is blunted in polycystic amenorrhoeic subjects, Human Reproduction, March 2012
- Member, Endocrine Society, USA
- Founding Member, Executive Committee Member, Indian Menopause Society, Chennai Chapter
- Executive Committee Member, Endocrine Society of Tamil Nadu