|Specialty||Sr. Consultant Diabetologist|
|Clinic Location||Anna Nagar|
Prof. D. Shantharam is a renowned diabetologist and academician who did his MBBS from Madras Medical College. After completing his post graduate diploma in Diabetology from MMC, he joined the State Government Medical Service. Dr. Shantharam did his MD in General Medicine from Kilpauk Medical College.
Dr. Shantharam joined the State Medical Service in 1989 and from then till 1994, he worked in various primary health centres and joined GH as a resident diabetologist. He has been a consultant diabetologist at Apollo Hospitals since 1994 and 10 years later, he became professor of Diabetology at Madras Medical College.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Madras Medical College
- MD – Internal Medicine from Kilpauk Medical College
- PG Diploma-Diabetology from Madras Medical College
Dr. Shantharam specializes in gestational diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, diabetic foot study and heart related complications due to diabetes.
Dr. Shantaram has been appointed as the 8th vice-chancellor of Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu.
- Joint Secretary, Diabetic Association of India
- Member, Medical Council of India, New Delhi
- Member, Ethics Committee, Medical Council of India, New Delhi