M.D. (General Medicine)
|Specialty||Sr. Consultant Diabetologist|
|Clinic Location||Greams Road|
Dr. S Venkatraman is acknowledged as the senior most Diabetologist at Apollo Hospitals and is one of the very few surgeons in India who conducts reconstructive surgeries for patients with deformed neuropathic foot and ankles.
Dr. Venkataraman’s wealth of experience includes being the former Professor of Diabetology in Madurai Medical College & a Diabetologist at Madurai Govt. Rajaji Hospital. He was also an Asst. Prof. of Diabetology at Madras Medical College and a Visiting Consultant at Sundaram Medical Foundation. Dr. Venkataraman came to Apollo Hospitals in 2002 as a Sr. Consultant Diabetologist and has been here ever since.
M.D. (General Medicine) Madras University
Training in Diabetic Foot Study
- Second surgeon to be trained in Podiatry Surgery division at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
- Trained in Ankle Arthroscopy at Amsterdam, 2012 and Podiatric Surgical Procedures at Boston.
- Trained in Hyperbaric Medicine from USA
Dr S. Venkataraman has been a Post Graduate Teacher in Diabetology for students of Diploma in Diabetology and General Medicine for 30 years.
- Venkataraman was the recipient an award at the 13th International Diabetes Federation Congress held at Washington, USA, for his paper on Pregnancy & Diabetes.
- Co-authored chapters on Diabetes Mellitus in books edited by Dr.V.Sesiah & Dr. G.Sainani
- Published works on Management of Diabetes Mellitus in JAPI
- Published works on Pregnancy & Diabetes in Journal of Obst. & Gynec. Society of India
RESEARCH & DRUG TRIALS
- Co-investigator for ICMR trials on traditional remedies in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
- Co-investigator for drug trials on Anti-Diabetic drugs Glimepiride and Gliclazide .